The list below contains techniques which we apply to detect single extracellular vesicles in the Academic Medical Center.
- Flow cytometry (A60-Micro, Apogee flow systems; FACSCanto, BD; FACSCalibur, BD)
- Nanoparticle tracking analysis (NS500, Nanosight)
- Resistive pulse sensing (qNano, Izon Science)
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Surface plasmon resonance imaging (IBIS-MX96, IBIS Technologies)
- Transmission electron microscopy
In addition, we have access to:
- Anomalous small angle X-ray scattering
- Atomic force microscopy
- Raman microspectroscopy
- Small angle X-ray scattering
- X-ray fluorescence
Besides the utilization of existing technology, we also develop novel methods to simultaneously detect the size, concentration, and chemical composition of extracellular vesicles.